I’ve got my website up again, however I’m now unable to connect to it. I was able to connect for a short time, but now again I can’t. It says that the website is too slow to answer.
I have tried:
- Asking other people to access my site, they can. www.isup.com says it’s up too.
- Contacting my webhost, they said that my IP was not blocked
- Accessing it from a different browser
- Disabling my firewall and anti-virus
- Changing my DNS server (to Google’s
18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124)
pingtimes out every time
- I can access other websites hosted on the same webhost
- I’ve hosted a site on the same domain before, but with a diffrent hosting company
So it must be my PC. How can I see if any application or something like that is blocking access to the site?
One of the first things you can try is to capture traffic with a packet capture software, such as Wireshark. With wireshark you will see all traffic going in and out of your system. You may also want to capture traffic elsewhere on your network so you can see what is happening off of your system, but on your network (note the other system must be connected by a hub, not a switch or router without more complex configs).
Using wireshark you should be able to see your requests and your responses. If you don’t see responses, this may mean its being blocked somewhere. To troubleshoot further would depend upon the results from these tests.
You may also want to try a live Linux CD with wireshark. It might be something on your local system, this would allow you to test with a different platform.
Check the entries in