Looking to say “http://example.com/index.html -o website.png”
Is there an existing program to do this? I’m ok with doing html to png. Is there a program for that?
TL;DR; Try wkhtmltopdf.org
Original Answer: (2011 — before question tags added)
Check the answer to this question. It seems the same as yours: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/125951/command-line-program-to-create-website-screenshots-on-linux
If it’s on Windows, check also:
A few other console / terminal based tools that can convert HTML to images.
phantomjs.org(Update: No longer maintaned)
- wkhtmltopdf.org (look for wkhtmltoimage)
They are both cross OS, free, and very popular.
quick search turns up this program
- Create full size screenshots of website pages.
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP image formats.
- Supports command line usage.
- Supports batch convert with command line.
- Simple, very fast and easy-to-use.
- Freeware, not paid for use.
While it is no direct solution, the browsershots project is open source and basically provides what is requested here.