A few years ago I got Windows 7 off the official site through a special student discount. My HDD failed the other day and now I need to reinstall it.
This is what my backup looks like:
These are the files I have:
- expandedSetup - DLMWin7HP64UK.exe - setup1.box - setup2.box - Win7-HP-Retail-en-us-x64.exe
I’m not sure what I need to do to install it.
All being equal you can make a bootable ISO and then start the reinstall, but if your files have become corrupted you may have to contact Microsoft to re-download the system (if possible).
I give you a couple of different ‘How to’ websites and maybe more detail than you require.
- Windows 7 – Make bootable iso from student d/l
- How to Create and Make Bootable Windows 7 ISO from EXE Plus Setup1.Box and Setup2.Box Files
- Workaround to Fix Windows 7 Unable To Create or Save New Files in the Folder Error When Unloading Box
The examples given are carried out on a Windows Machine.
To burn the ISO, IMGburn is a good burner.
- Linux burn ISO images to Cds and CD-RWs howto
I hope things work out.