I have a Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 that I’d like to be able to use as a remote control for a media player on my PC. I currently map the gamepad to certain hot-keys for use with VLC, but I can’t say it’s ideal.
Is there a media player out there that’s easy to control with a gamepad and supports a wide range of file types?
Bonus points if it has an internal video library.
XBMC appears to have all the functionality I need.
- Works on Windows and Linux (among others)
- Gamepad support built in
- Video and music library
- Reads media directly from my Windows Shares
The only thing I needed to do to make this specific gamepad work with it on Windows, was:
%AppData%XBMCuserdatakeymapsWireless Gamepad F710.xml.
- Change all occurrences of
Logitech Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2to
Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB.
- Make sure the gamepad is set to DirectInput mode when XBMC is launched.1
1. If you don’t, the gamepad will get detected as
Wireless Gamepad F710 (Controller) and will not work with the RumblePad 2 profile.